Image Map

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Romantic Half Up Wedding Hair: Combining two hairstyles into one I love

During and after my wedding, I received a lot of compliments around my hairstyle.  Like most of my married friends, I went back and forth on whether or not I wanted to do an updo or a half up half down look.  I am so glad that I went with a half up look.  It helped me stand out from my bridesmaids and the rest of my guests.  The hairstyle also reflected the romantic feel of the rest of our wedding.


The inspiration for my hairstyle actually came from a couple of looks.  I really liked the messy half up look of the first photo.  I love the large curls and volume at the top of her head.  The second look is actually one of the very first looks that I pinned.  I love the whimsy and twists.  I am so glad my hair stylists was able to combine my favorite aspects of these two looks into one gorgeous hairstyle.  Don't be afraid to ask!

I changed my hairstyle from my hair trial to add more volume.  The first photo below is from my hair trial and the second photo is from my wedding day.  I loved the curls and the twisted braid in the back that my hairdresser styled during my hair trial; however, I wanted more volume around my face.  The twisting achieved the volume and romance that I was looking for.

Would you do a half up look for your wedding or are you thinking about an up do?  What do you see as the pros and cons?

First three photos by Kate Saler
Hairstyle by Ashley Maloney at Dean Sadler Studio in Plymouth, MI

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please leave your lovely comment here.