Image Map

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

One Year Anniversary Celebration Ideas


Our one year anniversary has come and gone just as fast as the year flew by.  We are perfectly in rhythm together in our newlywed bliss, making happy memories and spending every free second together.  We threw a traditional yet unique one year anniversary dinner to celebrate our first year of marriage.  You can have a super special one year anniversary celebration too.  I am excited to share some of the special details from the night.




Location - We went back to the place it all began: the very spot where we met, he proposed, and we tied the knot.  It was as romantic as it could be eating dinner at our wedding venue.

Centerpiece - After dinner, we continued the celebration at home.  I set a table up on our patio with white linens and lit a candelabra centerpiece from our wedding.  If you dried flowers or saved your centerpiece, your anniversary is the perfect time to use it!

Cake - We ordered a mini version of our wedding cake instead of freezing the top tier.  My favorite flavor from our wedding cake was the lemon raspberry layer, so that is what we selected.  We also used our monogrammed knives from our wedding to cut the cake together.  It was very symbolic of our love.

China - I served dessert and coffee using the gorgeous china that we received as wedding gifts.  What a beautiful way to mark the special occasion!

Holding onto Memories Photo - On the eve of our wedding, we took a picture holding a team photo of us back in the days we were on the swim team together as children.  I just adore the photo and keep it on my desk in a lovely gold frame.  For our anniversary, we set my camera on auto and took a photo of us holding that pretty gold frame.  I even tried to style my hair the same way.  I love the effects of us literally holding onto memories.  Isn't that so romantic?

Memory Box - For my husband's anniversary gift, I created a memory box for us to open each year.  I filled it with love letters that we sent each other during our long distance relationship, special cards from our parents for milestones like buying our first house, and wedding memorabilia like our personalized napkins, save the date cards, invites, program, and menu.  The pretty box was tied in a lovely bow from a wedding gift we received.

Paper Gift - It is customary to give a paper gift for your first wedding anniversary.  Throughout the evening, Kevin and I had some long talks discussing our marriage goals and envisioning where we will be on our 10 year anniversary.  We penned those thoughts onto pretty paper I put in the memory box for us to look back on as a special memento.  We also privately wrote each other a love letter.  At the end of the romantic evening, we packaged everything back up in the box to open again next year. 

Just thinking about the night brings a huge smile to my face.  I am so in love and feel so blessed to be sharing my life with such a remarkable man.  If you are coming up on your anniversary, how do you plan to spend it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please leave your lovely comment here.