Image Map

Monday, September 9, 2013

Kaylin's back after being MIA for 3 months

Hi All!  I am so excited to get back into blogging after taking a little over 3 months off to prepare for my wedding.  Dana's been absolutely wonderful filling in for me while I was gone and has done some pretty extraordinary things with our blog while I was away like kicking off Real Inspired Wives, featuring our first guest post, and orchestrating our first giveaway!  All of this excitement happening around our blog has sparked a new drive in me.  Definitely stay tuned as our blog continues to evolve over the coming months!

So what on earth was a doing for all that time?  Well, I got married!  I am now officially an Inspired Wife.  Woot!  Woot!  Married life is awesome.  :)

My July was full of DIY projects and wedding planning.  It was so fun seeing all the details come together the day of the wedding.

Went to 6 other weddings across the US, including Orlando, St. Louis, Kansas City, Detroit, Ann Arbor and Richmond.  We were truly honored to be a part of our closest friends wedding days.  Weddings are such a beautiful celebration of love, families coming together and reunions.  By the end of this year, we will have gone to 9 weddings.  Ridiculous...and AWESOME!

My crafty aunt and detail oriented mom threw me my first bridal shower in June.  It was absolutely gorgeous, and a day I will cherish forever.  And my mother in law threw me a beautiful garden themed bridal shower with Phil's side of the family.  It was so nice to get to know everyone before the big day.  In the end, I was glad they were separate so I had a chance to talk to everyone.

Phil and I went on our mini-moon.  Such a cute term, right?  This girl said it when I was finalizing my linens and it stuck!  We toured northern Michigan and went to Traverse City, Petoskey and Mackinac Island.  Loved spending some alone time with my honey and distressing!

We are now in the process of reorganizing our home to find places for all the wonderful and generous gifts our family and friends gave to us.  It is so nice looking around our home and seeing little reminders of how lucky we are to have such wonderful family and friends.

I will be posting all of the details about our wedding in the coming weeks.  I was definitely a DIY bride, so I will make sure to share out details on all my projects.  Let me know if there is anything you would be interested in hearing about first!

So much love for all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please leave your lovely comment here.