Image Map

Friday, January 18, 2013

Girls Night In






The perfect girls night to me is one that includes plenty of girl talk, chocolate and chick flicks.  Last weekend I had one of my best friends over for a relaxed evening of watching my favorite classic romance, The Princess Bride.  To complement the movie, I made salted caramel and chocolate popcorn and had champagne and plenty of chocolate on hand.  

To freshen up my dining room where our conversation started, I arranged a girly floral arrangement of pink and white flowers with clear and mercury glass vases.  I love how lux it looks!

I received a Whirley Pop for Christmas this year and this was my first time using it.  The popcorn came out super fluffy!  Here is my recipe for the salted caramel and chocolate popcorn:

 
1/2 cup of organic popcorn kernels
3 tablespoons oil (I use Orville's popping oil)
1/4 cup melted butter
Smuckers caramel topping
Melted dark chocolate
Salt

Heat oil over medium/high heat.  Add popcorn kernels and twirl the handle on the Whirley Pop to keep the kernels moving over the heat.  Continue turning until the rate of popping dies down to almost nothing.  Remove the popper for the burner and dump contents into a large bowl.  Pour the melted butter over the popcorn and stir.  Then top with salt, caramel and melted dark chocolate as desired.  Enjoy!!

What do you like to do for your girls nights?  Does it remind you of sleepovers from when you were younger?  I can't help but reminisce about all the sleepovers I had in high school.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please leave your lovely comment here.