Image Map

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Black and White Damask Wedding Menu

After selecting the venue, Kevin and I had the menu at the top of our priority list.  We wanted our guests to feel welcome and enjoy an entree of their choice.  In our invitations, we offered our guests the choice of Chicken Florentine, Beef Tenderloin, and Maple Pecan Salmon.  We also had two different flavors of wedding cake, so we wanted to describe each one appropriately.  Because each course was unique, we added a menu to each place setting at the reception. 

I loved this menu I found on the Knot.  The lines are clean, and the mixed fonts look fresh.

In this Style Me Pretty photothe menu has mixed fonts and is tucked into a napkin folded as a pocket.

It was really important to me that the menu reflected my personal tastes - I am drawn to traditional designs with carefully selected modern twists.  To reflect this, I mixed an elegant script font with a sleek, modern one too.  


For the place settings, the menus were tucked into neatly folded black napkins.  I loved how the crisp napkin contrasted against the white linens and silver charger plates.

My mom and I stuck to a black and white damask theme and found heavy card stock menus.  We custom designed the menus, printed 200, and added rhinestones to everyone.  

Doesn't the table look lovely?  You can find out more about my crystal candelabra centerpieces here.

Creating the menus was a large production, but it was worth the savings.  Plus, I loved having full control over the project (font, spacing of rhinestones, wording, etc).  What do you think? If you are planning a wedding, are you going to offer several entree choices? Are you having menus?


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please leave your lovely comment here.