Image Map

Monday, August 26, 2013

{Felicia and Ian} Autumn Wedding in South Lyon, Michigan

Today we have another one of a kind wedding for our Real Inspired Wives series.  Ian and Felicia got married on a gorgeous autumn day at an estate in South Lyon, Michigan.  The leaves were turning colors and the air had a crisp fall breeze.  The bride carried a stunning red bouquet of roses - pulling inspiration from the groom's Marine uniform and the colors of the season.  She was dressed in a fitted lace gown and her bridesmaids wore long A-line red dresses.  While the ladies looked classically beautiful, Ian and his bridal party wore those dashing Dress Blues.  Who doesn't love a man in uniform?  It is oh so easy to draw inspiration from the rich colors they selected and the joyful emotions captured in their wedding photos.

***


You and Ian are so cute together.  How did you two meet, and how did you know he was the one?

Ian and I met while we were both working at Best Buy. He was new and I told him to come out with me and a few others so he did. He actually tried to kiss me and I didn't like him like that.... yet! Ian and I have been best friends since the beginning. When we started dating, we went to lunch one day and he told me "No one knows this but you... I signed up for the Marines!" I was so happy for him because I could see how happy he was with his decision. I got in my car and cried. After that I called my mom and told her "I'll wait forever for him. I didn't know it until right now but he's the only one for me, and I'm going to spend the rest of my life with him!"

Tell us about your wedding day.  What was your favorite part?

Our wedding day was amazing. My aunt and uncle are so amazing for asking if we would have our ceremony at their house in South Lyon. We have such amazing family and friends in our lives and having all of them be a part of our day was incredible. The girls got ready in the west wing of the house (everything was leopard), drank mimosas, and got our hair and makeup done. The guys got ready at the guest house. After the ceremony everyone had cocktails and snacks while taking pictures in the beautiful outdoors.We then hopped on the bus and went to the reception hall. The reception was super fast to us but everyone said that they had a wonderful time.  After the dancing was over, we finished the night at 29 Park in Novi.They were so hospitable and even paid for all of our parties drinks (a big shout out and thank you!!). Honestly my favorite part of the whole wedding was standing with Ian in front of the priest and he just kept saying "oh my God you're so beautiful, I love you!" I couldn't stop smiling and even though there were tons of people around us I felt like we were the only two people on the planet. It was amazing.

Do you have any advice for other brides planning their weddings?

My advice would be to take it all in and enjoy yourself!  Personally I wish I would have had more time to do more on my own but with me working 50 to60 hours a week planning the wedding and getting all of our things together for our move to California, it was really hard. I would have paid more attention to details too like lighting in the room (that's something I didn't think about at all until after I got the pictures).  I would have wanted to put more personal touches like table numbers in vintage photo frames with pictures of us and the wedding party in them. I would say most of all make sure that you have an itinerary planned out!! I kind of had one but it got all off track and I lost out on a few things like the daddy (grandpa)/daughter and mother/son dance.

Now that the wedding is over, what is life as a wife like?

Life here in California with Ian is the most amazing thing that I could ever ask for. I get to spend everyday with my best friend and wake up to his smile, hold his hand. Some people take those simple moments for granted but I know what it's like to not have him around he was in Okinawa, Thailand, Afghanistan, Hawaii, California, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Missouri over the past 4 years. Just having him here with me feels like heaven (I'm totally crying right now). We have so much fun together.  We laugh at the silliest things and he makes me feel like I'm the only girl in the world. I'm enjoying taking care of him and just being his wife I've waited so long to be. He deserves so much. As silly as it sounds he really is my hero and I thank God every day that we're together cause we need each other. I never thought that I would have this, or that I would find the one. I didn't know that anyone could love someone so much or need someone like this. I'm so happy :) The weather isn't bad either (lol) and living next to the ocean is a huge bonus.  It's a fantastic change coming from Michigan and finally being able to start our lives together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please leave your lovely comment here.