Image Map

Monday, March 11, 2013

Discussing a Rustic Vintage Inspired Wedding w/ Your Florist


This past weekend we visited several florists for our upcoming wedding.  We spent right around 2 hours with each florist, making sure to hit on all of the key items: 
- The Bride's Bouquet
- The Bridesmaids' Bouquets
- The Groom's Boutonniere
- The Groomsmen's Boutonnieres
- The Centerpieces
- The Aisle Decor
- The Alter decor

Even though I went in with pictures and an idea of what I was looking for, it still took a long time to select the best way to combine my favorite elements from all of the flowers.  Below you will see my inspiration for my wedding day by main area for discussion.  I will of course post images of how everything turns out after my wedding in August. 

My vision is pastels, focusing on pinks, whites, and the pale greens found in eucalyptus.  I would like my floral arrangements to have a rustic vintage feel and by put together, but wispy at the same time.  

Inspiration from: Style Me Pretty, Belle The Magazine, Wedding Chicks, 100 Layer Cake, Ruffled Blog, I Love SW Magazine

I love bouquets with a lot of textures that can be achieved by combining a variety of flowers.  I also love the wispy elements of some of these bouquets that are achieved through seeded euc, wax flower, queen anne, and dusty miller.  Some unique elements that I love are adding in succulents and vintage pins into the bouquet for additional visual interest.
Inspiration from: Style Me PrettyWedding Chicks

I love the single flower that pops out of both of these bouquets - a Peony and a Dahlia.  Unfortunately both of these are tricky flowers to work with in August, so I will have to get creative in order to achieve a similar effect.
Inspiration from: Style Me Pretty

I love the succulents in the top boutonnieres and the rustic flowers in the bottom image.  I also love how they all have unique elements and are not exactly the same.  

I love the planter boxes and single stem vases in these centerpieces, so I am planning on doing a variety. Similar to the bouquets, I am looking for a lot of texture, unique elements, and soft pinks, blues and whites to come out.
Inspiration from: Style Me Pretty, The Knot

I love mason jars hanging from chairs as a way to line the aisle.  It is so simple, yet so lovely!
Inspiration from: Style Me Pretty

Our wedding is outside under an outdoor chapel, so I would like to add some personality to it.  Not sure which direction to go yet, but I love: hanging glasses, swirly twigs, and chandeliers.

What else did you discuss with your florist?  Do you have any advice in terms of number of times to meet with your florist?




No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please leave your lovely comment here.