Image Map

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Handmade "Will you be my Bridesmaid?" Cards

Right after getting engaged, I got on the phone with my closest girlfriends to tell them the news.  After 8 years with my fiance, my friends were getting just as anxious as I was about when the proposal would actually happen.  I cannot imagine my wedding day without Chelsea, Amanda, Michelle H., Michelle S., Jessica, and of course my partner in crime on InspiredWives, Dana.  I wanted to make sure in addition to a small gift that I expressed how much each of my bridesmaids mean to me. 

Inspiration:

Doing some Etsy research, I found a ton of adorable cards to model my own design after.

I love how this dress comes to life by the ribbon coming off the dress.  The personalization for each bridesmaid is a nice added touch, so I added this to my most do list.

I really like how the skirt and the top part of this dress are different "fabrics."  The ribbon as a separator is a nice touch.

My Take:

I have not scrapbooked in years and was giddy the whole time making these cards.  I am the most in my element when I am crafting!


I purchased scrapbooking paper on sale at Target, glue sticks, and a calligraphy pen.  And gather scissors, pens, a hole puncher, and ribbon from around the house. 

I created dress stencils for my myself out of scrap paper, so that all of the cards were uniform.

The hardest part for me was picking out what paper to use for the dresses--I decided to go with something more bright and colorful.  With the dress stencil, I cut out the dress form and top.  I used extra ribbon from around the house to add a bow detail, making the cards more 3D.
Then, I cut out all of the pieces for the dress and the script--I decided to have "_____, Will you be my Bridesmaid?" and "Love, Kaylin" on the front of each card. 

Then, layout the card with all of the pieces and glue together.

I'm really excited about the way everything turned out! I kept running into the basement as I assembled each part to show Phil how cute they were going to be.  Good practice for wedding invitations--I've already started to collect some great inspiration!

How did you ask your bridesmaids?  Did this post inspire you to get in touch with your creative side and DIY?





No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please leave your lovely comment here.