Image Map

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Finding the Perfect Ring


Before Kevin proposed, we looked at wedding rings and settings in both Chicago and metro-Detroit.  I had seen many gorgeous rings on Pinterest that I kept in mind while trying them on.

Although I ultimately picked out the setting, Kevin had full discretion over the diamond and the proposal.  It was a big decision and we looked all over.

Inspiration


This wedding band is simply gorgeous.  I love the pave diamond setting and the round center stone.


Finding the Perfect Engagement Ring



1. Set your budget.  This helps you avoid any surprises and sleazy salespeople. 

2. Do your research.  Get an idea of what you like before you hit the stores.  Pinterest is a great source and so are fashion magazines.   

3.  Head to several high-end jewelers.  They will guide you into beautiful settings and educate you about diamond quality.  By going to multiple stores, you can get a feeling for a fair price.

4. Do not try on anything you can't afford.  This will prevent heart break.

5. Try on all shapes and styles of settings.  Every finger is different, and different bands look better on some than others.  Trying on all shapes will give you an opportunity to find a cut that will flatter you for years to come.

6. Let your future husband do the rest.  This is going to be a big investment for him, so let him do it properly without your watchful eye.  After you show your future husband the type of settings and stones you like, leave it up to him.  It is hard to let go of control, but it makes the rings so much more special when it comes from his heart.   

My Engagement Ring

I am so happy with the antique look of my ring.  I love everything: the round center stone, the diamond halo, and the pave diamond band.









It took me months after Kevin proposed to find the perfect wedding band.  I wanted something that coordinated with my engagement ring but did not match exactly.   I ended up selecting a band with larger diamonds like the halo rather than the setting.  

What do you think? Did you look at Pinterest before deciding on your engagement ring or wedding band?  What styles do you like now?

 



  



No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please leave your lovely comment here.