Image Map

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Mother's Day Brunch Inspiration Board

I have a confession:  I am new to entertaining.  As a new wife, I have had two dinner parties in my new home.  My first event was an elegant pink themed birthday party and a month later I hosted my chalkboard and mason jar themed party.  I also had a brunch where I served my Easter egg casserole.  Right now, I am a little stressed...but mostly excited...because I am hosting the first combined family event for Mother's Day Brunch.

Spoiler Alert!!!! - I am sharing the inspiration for my Mother's Day brunch.  If you are attending, proceed with caution.  This Mother's Day, I will be hosting a brunch for some super special women in my life: my mom, mother in law, grandma, and god mother.  We will be hosting 20 guests, which is the largest crowd I have ever entertained or cooked for...wish me luck!

The party starts at 11am, so I want to serve a mix of breakfast and lunch dishes.  My guests have all offered to help cook, so we are going to have a nice variety to choose from.  I am going to make 2 sausage and egg casseroles and try this Parmesan Bread Pudding too.  I absolutely love bread, so I will pick up some fresh Challah and rye from a local bakery in the morning to serve with butter and Nutella.  Since it is a celebration, I will have mimosas and potentially a batch of raspberry Bellini's ready too.  We will also have fruit salad, a mixed greens salad, pastries, and cake. 

 
I love how poppy, coral, and teal look so fresh and modern when mixed with gold.  For the details of this brunch, I drew inspiration from this epic Ann Taylor belt, and picked a color palette around it.  If time allows, I'd love to make DIY gold dot vases to hold pink and orange floral arrangements.  One thing is for sure...I will certainly be wearing a tailored dress and gold accessories to match.

What are you doing for Mother's Day?  Do you have any advice for when I host my first major event?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please leave your lovely comment here.